Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Delicious" (chewy chocolate chip caramel cookies, Fivesies!)

This is why I don't let Rod name my recipes.  But they are, indeed, delicious.  And fast. And relatively light as far as cookies go--until I drowned them in caramel topping... which is optional. But when it's there who makes an addition like that optional?  I don't have pictures because it was a test recipe and I wasn't sure if batch #1 would win. I only made four, much to Rod's incredible dismay, and they were consumed faster that I could say "mmmm".

So, I write down the recipe here, to keep a record of it, and next time I make them I'll take pictures to entice you to make your own!

DELICIOUS
or FIVESIES (chewy chocolate chip caramel cookies)
Makes 4 large cookies, approximately 115 calories per cookie without caramel ... I think....

CONTENTS
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
Scant sprinkle of salt
1 TBS agave
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3 TBS apple sauce
2 TBS milk (I used almond milk)
2 TBS dark chocolate chips

Caramel sauce for drizzling or dunking, optional. It should be made in advance so it has time to harden in the fridge ... that's what she said... (recipe link from All-Hail-Isa:

FASCIST DIRECTIONS
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the wet and mix, but don't over mix. Just until the moisture is evenly distributed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
2. Heat oven to 350F and break out a cookie sheet. Line with parchment paper!
3. Measure out four even plops of cookie dough, at least an inch apart. They shouldn't spread because of the applesauce holding them together, rather than margarine or oil.
4. Bake 12 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool about five.  Move to a plate and refrigerate at least 10 minutes. 
5. To serve, drizzle with caramel topping!
6. Be sad you didn't at least quadruple the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment