Sunday, July 10, 2011

Garlic Cheezy Mash-Up

I apologize for the delay, oh voracious followers.  I have only had time to make dinner once this week at home, and it rocked.  But it's taken me 4 days to find a moment to post what I made.  Without further ado, I bring you:

Garlic Cheezy Mash-Up
4 svgs, approx. 300 calories per serving

CONTENTS
1 pot of boiling water
24 oz potatoes (about 4 medium sized ones), quartered or eighthed...
3 large carrots, cut into 2-3" chunks
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup daiya cheese of choice (I went with mozarella)
2 Tbs earth balance margarine
1/2 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1/4 tsp salt (optional)

FASCIST DIRECTIONS


1. Get the water boiling, chop your veggies
2. When ready, add the potatoes and carrots to the water
3. Wait about 20 minutes til they are nice and soft.
4. Drain water from pot, leaving the veggies inside.
5. Using a potato masher (victory, I finally bought one!), mash them up as good as you can.  Add the earth balance, mash more... Add the milk, mash more... Add the garlic, salt and Daiya, mix well.
6. Carefully portion out into 4 servings, or you will eat the whole batch.

The carrots make it so colorful!

No comments:

Post a Comment