Right on, in keeping with my New Year's Pledge, I've made a Scramble! Originally, I thought to make another type of Omelette but where's the fun in that?
Truth: I haven't opened my processor yet... so the whole blending would have to happen by hand and I couldn't be bothered whisking and beating this stuff for 10 minutes.
A Scramble it is! Now, I know a lot of you are against tofu... but you shouldn't be. It's not terrible and if you notice I rarely use it. It's been used here (lime pie!) and here (le omelette!) so in a blog of almost 99 total recipes, to use it twice clearly indicates that tofu is not present in every vegan/vegetarian meal.
99 recipes... I'm proud!
SCRAMBLE! (WITH MUSHROOMS)
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 box of silken tofu (1 lb or 12.3oz), firm
2 TBS nutritional yeast
1 TBS olive oil
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp (spicy!) paprika, optional
6 oz sliced button mushrooms
1 TBS olive oil
1. Start sauteeing the mushrooms in 1 TSB of the oil.
2. Chop the garlic and add the tofu. Mashing with fork and stirring it well. It should be fluffy. Then add the rest of the ingredients...
...then stir it up.
3. Add the tofu mix to the mushrooms.
and add a little water, I added about 1/4 cup.
4. Mix it all up and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
5. Then stir it every couple of minutes for about 8 more minutes. Scraping up the bottom as you go.
8. Serve with side of choice! I went for toast. Easy, appropriate, tasty...
Tis delicous. Did you know though, and this is pretty fascinating...