Saturday, July 23, 2011

Omelette!

Behold!  Breakfast!

Tis an omelette served with blueberries, strawberries and granola.

YUM.

Easy too :)

I got it from a website that got it from a cookbook (Vegan Comfort Food) so I'm merely transcribing the recipe here for all of ye.  Not an original, but it gives me a good base to make something in the future!

CONTENTS:

2 cloves of garlic
1 package silken tofu, firm
2 Tbs nooch
2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 flour
1 Tbs cornstarch

Fillings of choice... I went with mixed greens, sweet peppers, onions and tomatoes.  Next time, CHEDDAR! And MUSHROOMS!  Yum...

FASCIST DIRECTIONS

1. In a blender or processor, first chop up the garlic, then add everything else.
2. Scoop onto a hot prepared skillet (Large enough to flip! And prepared means sprayed or oiled.  Hot means medium).
3. Spread out the mixture using the back of a spoon, so it's even-ish and relatively thin (about 1/4-1/2 inch)
4. Cook each side about 3 minutes or so.  You'll know it's ready to flip first when the top side turns a matte yellowish and dried out.
5. After the second side is done, place on a plate and add filling.  Fold in half!  Viola!

I used a small saucepan to saute the onions and peppers while these fellas cooked.

And I'll say it again... YUM!

2 comments:

  1. I have that cookbook -- it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! My first comment! Thanks Mommy :) <3

    The Sloppy Joes came from that book, no? No, wait, those came from the Diner one! Yummers....

    ReplyDelete