Thursday, August 4, 2011

Shark Week Apologies

I know you've all been hanging off of every word that I type up... and probably have been starving for the past week since I haven't posted any recipes!  Official apology: IT'S SHARK WEEK!!!!!

Rod and I book the media room at our apartment community on a nightly basis since we don't have Cable TV and in order to prepare for the multi-hour media camping session, we have purchased chips and baguettes and pizza and ice cream and all sorts of veggin' out goodies.  Oh my... my hips won't lie...

So, here's a quick rundown of what we've consumed for Shark Week:

Sunday: Great White Invasion

Above: crazy SOB

Menu:
- Decent Pizza.  In fact, two decent pizzas.  And we added our own Daiya cheese to them, and roasted eggplant that came from the LAKE ELLA FARMER'S MARKET!  WOOT!! It's on on Sundays now too!  Yeah!!!
- Green Tea Ice Cream
...probably the fanciest meal all week...

Monday: Rogue Sharks

Above: a re-enactment with a model of an attack that happened off of California's coast just after the release of Jaws.  Isn't it ironic, don't you think?  A little After Effects and this shot looked so real!  I want to work for Discovery Channel!  I know AE!!!!

Menu:
- Cape Cod Sweet n' Spicy Jalapeno potato chips
- Publix 5-grain baguette with Publix roasted garlic hummus (they make a mean hummus! And usually I make my own, but I'm out of chickpeas...)
- Dessert concoction made from chocolate chips, whole raw cashews, sweetened coconut and some of the caramel that won't quit!

Tuesday: Summer of the Shark (8pm)

Above: I've seen worse.... oh wait, here you go: http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/shark-week-tasmanian-shark-attack.html
Yes, that's Tasmania friends.

Killer Sharks (9pm)
Hands down, probably the BEST Shark Week show in terms of production value.  It was incredible... You can get three free episodes through iTunes until 8-12 so I recommend this one.  The ad is in the latest Rolling Stone :)

Above: Too close for comfort

Menu, I actually cooked....
- Oven Roasted potatoes (stab taters with a fork, wrap in foil and chuck in the oven and bake at 425F for an hour or so
- Jerk Eggplant and Peppers (that's what I did with the rest of the jerk marinade!)
- Garlic and herb cream cheese (tofutti) with cripsy onions

Wednesday: Actually... Rodney and I ended up watching Fatal Attractions on Animal Planet
http://animal.discovery.com/videos/fatal-attractions-coordinated-chimp-mauling.html
How could you not watch that?

Plus, the Shark Week episode was a bit too... how shall we say... showy?  It was just about 'oh look at me, I'm doing a dumb thing with dangerous animals and getting paid'... eh... interesting stuff, but the hosts weren't all that impressive.

And that's that!!
Thank you for your patience, I shall return to the kitchen soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment