Monday, July 11, 2011

Barley PB Sweetums

Sorry for all the re-posts of this one... I keep noticing little errors and I don't know how to stop the email blast  .  I'll try to have things right the first time from now on the avoid all this chaos!

12 cookies, 90 calories per cookie (not bad! Coconut can be optional, but I say it stays!)

This is my first post from Floyd... we'll see how it goes. Our internet is being wonky at home...
It's been a chaotic day, a day that calls for junk food. And peanut butter. I started looking up recipes and after the first I thought to myself, "Self, stop effin' around and toss something together". And I did. And the dough is INCREDIBLE.  I can't decide if I should bake or leave them at a "no-bake cookie" stage. Rod votes bake. I know they will succeed as no-bakers, so let's see what happens after 20 minutes at 350F...


CONTENTS

1 cup barley flakes (yes, you can sub old fashioned rolled oats... can you guess what I'm out of?)
1/4 flour of choice
1/4 cup "white" sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbs margarine
1/4 chunky peanut butter
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup dried, shredded, unsweetened  coconut
1/4 tsp salt


FASCIST DIRECTIONS

1. Mix everything in a large bowl.
2. Plop onto parchment paper, measuring 12 plops, evenly spaced.
3. Decide if you are going to refrigerate it for 15-30 minutes or bake for 20 mins at 350F.
I'll update after baking....  :-)

UPDATE: yes, delicious baked yummies... depends on your taste then really. Your call!!

No comments:

Post a Comment