Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cream of Broccoli--and Sesame Too!

A last second creation while I was making the Roasted Border Potatoes and Pals.  I figured I would actually split the Border dish into 4 servings and have a little something else on the side.  This came together one ingredient at a time, and I was mighty impressed with myself.
I picture it with the Border dish because they make a good couple.

Cream of broc is a good thing, and sesame is also a good thing.  Pre-creamed and you have tahini.  Somehow that doesn't sound right... Sorry about that.  Tahini is fantastic stuff.  You can find it in hummus and I make these incredible delicious and fatty cookies with a bunch of tahini and margarine.  Oh boy, they are awesome.  I should make those again and post them.  Truly a wonderful ingredient for many dishes.

CREAM OF BROCCOLI--AND SESAME TOO!
2 servings

CONTENTS
1 heaping TBS of Tahini
1 cup milk
1/2 tbs chili powder
1/3 cup roasted salted cashews
1 TBS garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 TBS sesame seeds, toasted (350F for about 10 minutes)
cayenne to sprinkle on top, highly recommended!

FASCIST DIRECTIONS
1. Boil about 1/2 cup of water in a medium pot.  You're basically going to steam the broccoli, but a bit more so it's really soft.
2. Steam/lightly boil the broccoli over medium-high heat for about 15 minutes until it's bright and soft.
Bright and soft below!
3. Mix the tahini, milk and a dash of salt in a processor.  Whir to mix well and then add the broccoli and garlic powder.
4. Mix until well and truly creamy.  Taste for salt.  It might need a little extra.  Tahini is thick.
5. Serve into bowls and top with toasted sesame seeds and a dash of cayenne.
Above: pre-toasted seeds.  Below: post-toastation.
Delicious!

I had the garlic powder about a half a foot away from the heating apparatus and yet it warped.  Looks cool... give it character...
And now a reminder of the awesome pair together :-)
Yum!!!
*sad note* My beloved processor has died.  I am in a period of mourning. I wanted to make cashew cheeze yesterday and remembered that I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment