Sunday, October 16, 2011

Banana-Cashew Cookie Ice Cream

Some of life's simple pleasures are being able to create amazing things and then being able to consume them. That happens with most of my inventions... especially those involving food ;-)

As much as I LOOOOOOOOOOVE anything by So Delicious, I also like being able to come up with my own recipes.  I have made banana-based ice creams before ("cream"), and they always rock.  Be careful how long you freeze the fruit though, it could kill your processor (sniff... RIP).  An hour is good, so I tend to chuck the banana in the freezer (chop it up and without the peel!) when I'm done cooking dinner so that we have some time to digest between the main meal and a decadent dessert.  

There were a couple of days that I created the flavors for ice cream without having bananas... so this recipe came together in two stages... First the cashew-cookie bit (which rocked but was really dense, so it needed the banana to fill it out), then the whole thing.  I also made chocolate, which I can't wait to make into a full ice cream!  

BANANA-CASHEW COOKIE ICECREAM
2 servings, or just one... let's be honest...

1/2 cup roasted cashews
1 TBS ground flaxseed
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 TBS milk
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 TBS flour (I think oat or almond flour would be nice)
1/4 cup chocolate chips
2 large froze bananas (frozen about an hour)

FASCIST DIRECTIONS
1. Blend those cashews!
Action shot below!
Keep blending until you have a coarse meal.  The natural oils should release and give it a great texture.

2. Add the flaxseed meal and give it a stir.

3. It started to glob up already, you can see it in the picture below.  Before it was too late, I added the sugar, flour vanilla and milk.  Use your best judgement, add more flour (a little at a time) if it seems too runny.

4. Add the chocolate chips and give it a quick whir to mix it all in.

5. Remove the goop and set aside.  Don't worry about cleaning the processor.

6. Chop/blend/grind the bananas until creamy.  Add the cashew cookie goop back in and mix til well blended.

Tis delicious!  Serve and marvel at your creation.  I marveled at both the dessert and the table ;-)
YUM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment