Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Squid Pups, Cheezy Drop Bisquits & Lemon Dill Tater Flops

We're a little silly...
I made a cute little dinner last night... I saw a picture of something on a friend of Rod's FB page and I couldn't help myself....
hehehe...

So I wanted to make the lemon-dill tater puffs from the other day (http://selfrighteousnessandgas.blogspot.com/2011/07/lemon-dill-tater-puffs-quick-lentil.html) and I had some leftover pepperjack daiya (Blasphemy! Leftover daiya!!), so I thought I'd make the Cheezy Rolls! (http://selfrighteousnessandgas.blogspot.com/2011/07/cheezy-rolls.html) and then toss in a Squid Pup for humor.

Well... either I wrote down the ingredients wrong or I didn't add something but the tater puffs didn't puff and the rolls weren't roll-able.  I was in a rush though and that might have had a lot to do with it.  We were trying to get up to the media room to watch Apocalypto.  Failed there, we don't get IFC.  We watched a little bit of 'World's Dumbest Criminals' while we ate since we made the trek, then headed back and watched "The Girl Who Played With Fire."  EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!  We watched the first one in the morning and it was so good, we couldn't wait to see the sequel!  Now we're eager to watch the final chapter.  SO FREAKING GOOD!

Ok, so, I halved the recipes and went to town... For contents and fascist directions, check out the links above to those pages :)  This will be a random pictorial assembly of the process...
Step 1... fill with H2O, heat on stove and don't watch.


Ingredients galore!  Above are those for the tater puffs and below are the biscuit ones.  I wasn't kidding when I said I have enough four to supply a bakery... 25 lbs.  hehehe....


After boiling the potatoes, I mashed and mixed...

and then cooled and baked but perhaps they flopped instead of puffed because I didn't really let them cool all that much... I only cooled once, after the taters had been mashed with some margarine, but I didn't cool a second time after the rest of the ingredients were added.  That may have had a lot to with it.  They were so delicious though that it didn't matter.

The other one on the smaller plate looked psychotic... one eye was bigger, its legs were all over the darn place...

But Rod said that I made a "Delinner Dicious".  That's all I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment