Friday, December 30, 2011

Potato Hash with Cheeze

Pictured above.... documentation of the moment when I realized my processor had kicked it.  I was devastated.  Not only did I no longer have the best kitchen appliance ever to make my life easier, but I had to "mince" four potatoes by hand!  It was early, I had envisioned a potato hash for breakfast... and I was really looking forward to the texture the processor would give the taters.  Sniff...

Chopping by hand was ok, and they still had a cool texture, but 'been there, done that,' so I wasn't as impressed as I would have been with the alternative.  Had the alternative been functional.  Oh I am so sad!  I miss my processor every day. I think, today I will make a mousse! Oh, wait... no I won't.  Or, I think, ah ha! Today is omelet day! Oh, no... no it's not.  Or, mince 6 cloves of garlic?  No problem! Oh, wait... yes... problem... won't happen so fast and my fingers will carry the scent of garlic for the next 18 hours...

Sigh...

Enough self-pity! Because guess what I got for Christmas???? A grown-up processor!!
Isn't it purdy?  Thanks Santa!!  I'm keeping it in the box until after we move so that I don't have to pack it back up.  First recipe?  Nutella, yo!  Though my life is about to get crazy busy, this appliance will make eating at home a lot easier.  It even has a dough blade, a slicing AND a shredding disc, dishwasher safe parts (woot!) and best of all?  5 year motor warranty and 3 year [limited] entire unit warranty.  I'm really stoked... simple things...

On to Potato Hash with Cheeze!
POTATO HASH WITH CHEEZE
3-4 servings

CONTENTS
4 medium potatoes, finely chopped
2 tsp oil
1 flaxseed "egg" (1 TBS flaxseed meal/ground + 2 TBS water, mix and set aside)
Extra water as needed
2 tsp dried thyme
1 sprinkle cayenne for a kick
2 TBS cheeze sauce per serving to top... optional of course.

FASCIST DIRECTIONS
1. Put on some rockin' music and chop those taters.
2. Heat oil over medium heat in a large pan.
3. Add the potatoes when they are finally ready.

4. Stir frequently for about 7 minutes, until they start releasing their juices and are becoming more translucent.
5. Add the flaxseed mix and stir.
6. Cover the pan and let it cook about 15 minutes, til potatoes seemed cook through.  Definitely stir often and add some water if they feel like they are sticking to the pan.
7. Sprinkle in the thyme and stir well.  Dish it out and top with cheeze and a dash of cayenne!
Despite my short-term depression, I was able enjoy this meal.

I do miss my processor though.

No comments:

Post a Comment