Monday, December 26, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

Quite the stack of pancakes!  They're light, fluffy and not candy-sweet.  They also reheat super well (10 minutes at 350F).  I know this because I actually respected the servings it yielded.  I know, Christmas miracle!
 

Because I didn't have very much ground ginger, I put in the recipe the amount I would have liked.  In lieu of that, I used this fantastic ginger syrup.  It's a strange taste, doesn't work with everything, but it was excellent with these puppies.  Regular syrup, agave, a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar... all of those no doubt would work.  And for once I didn't add margarine.  I am pleased to report that it wasn't missed.  Well, without further ado, here's the recipe!

CONTENTS
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 TBS vegetable oil
2 TBS vinegar
1 TBS cornstarch
2 cups flour
3 TBS brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt

FASCIST DIRECTIONS
1. In one bowl, mix the milk through the vinegar (wet ingredients).
 
I know, it looks terrible, but it blends nicely into this:
2. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients.  Also known as the rest.
 

 3. Then mix them together, being careful not to overmix.












Tah-dah!  Batter up!












4. Measure about 1/4 cup (I used two HEAPING spoonfuls for most) into a heated pan with some sort of non-sticking element.  I just used about a tsp of oil per batch.













5. Measure out, top with topping of choice and enjoy!  
 















Yummy... And, you'll have pumpkin leftover to make other enjoyable meals!  Like the pumpkin chili recipe, or the pumpkin pudding... Just sayin'...

1 comment: