Saturday, January 14, 2012

OSG- Pumpkin Pudding


A bit late, but the fall brought the bounty of pumpkins.  Or cheap canned pumpkin.  I love me some squash!  So, when Angela Liddon (code name OSG, or Oh She Glows) went on a pumpkin kick I was ready with spatula in hand.  She's a phenomenal food blogger to whom I subscribe.  She's way better at keeping a daily post going than I am, but I never committed to more than two posts a week, remember?

For many weeks I couldn't WAIT to get my hands on making this recipe.  And when I did it was worth the wait.  I had all the ingredients, except pumpkin.  And when I bought it it was the first thing I made.  That, and the Pumpkin Chilli that will be posted soon.  Hopefully I'll remember to come back to this post and make that a link to the recipe.  That chilli was INCREDIBLE.  And so was this dessert.  I had to sub a couple of things, but it's super simple and really great.  Here's the link to the original recipe.  I'll recap my substitutions...

OSG-Pumpkin Pudding
4 servings... if you have self control.

CONTENTS
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 TBS ground flaxseed
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
pinch nutmeg
pinch ground cloves
1 TBS agave nectar

FASCIST DIRECTIONS
1. Measure out the milk and mix with the pumpkin.

3. Add the flaxseed meal, spices and agave nectar.

4. Mix it all together until it's nice and creamy.  Along the way it just looked purdy... 

5. Set it to cool in the fridge at least an hour.  It's torture, but it's worth it.  It was awesome the next morning when I mixed it in with the brekkie muesli.  Hm... delish.


6. To serve, I used these MINDBLOWING Ginger Snaps by Midel.  They're really good.

Crumbled some up and mixed it in, I tried to layer it like the original recipe shows, but it didn't really stay separate.  Eh, it all goes into the same place!
Very delicious!

Very. Very. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment