Saturday, January 7, 2012

PB Bulgur Brekkie

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, you know.  And though oats are a great morning porridge, bulgur trumps it in my book.  It has a near-crunchy texture when cooked, and its packed of nutritional goodness. Mmm, delish...

Another ingredient I love is peanut butter.  Oh, but let's face it, peanut butter doesn't have to be an "ingredient" to be good.  Just give me a jar of natural crunchy and a spoon, put me on the couch with a marathon of good TV and I'm set.  Knowing that the next day I will feel guilty, I try to avoid this.  So I compromise with myself by scooping one extra spoonful right before I put the jar away and just enjoying it's PB goodness.  

PB BULGUR BREKKIE
2 servings

CONTENTS
1/2 cup dry bulgur
1 1/4 cups water
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 TBS dry, unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt, if the PB is unsalted

FASCIST DIRECTIONS
1. Bring the water and bulgur to a boil, then lower heat to simmer about 7-10 minutes, stirring often.

2. When most of the water is absorbed... like so:
then add the peanut butter and stir well.

3. Turn off the heat and add the coconut and cinnamon.  Stirring well to blend.

4. Serve!  Quick and awesome!

Yum... doesn't seem like much much it's really filling thanks to the awesomeness of peanut butter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment