Monday, November 28, 2011

Quick Corn Stew

Once again, far too simple but oh so delicious.  It looks complicated, but it was only a handful of ingredients!


I had leftover carrots and broccoli from the Colorful Pasta Salad, so I think I put them to good use.  Toss in the secret ingredient, creamed corn, and it became a quick stew in record-time.  Buahahaha... Iz so slick...

Oh yes, Kristin brought out the ICHC image.  That's right.

QUICK CORN STEW
2 servings

CONTENTS
2 cups broccoli and carrots
1 can creamed corn
1 TBS dried basil
1 pinch salt
1 pinch cayenne

FASCIST DIRECTIONS
1. Steam carrots and broccoli in 1/4 cup water for about 7-10 minutes.  Add water if it evaporates all the liquid.  And cover it so it doesn't evaporate... The picture shows no lid for clarity.

2. Chuck in the creamed corn, basil and salt.  Stir until heated through.

3. Serve with a sprinkle of cayenne!  I bet some plain sour cream would have been a nice addition... I recommend it if you have some!
Mmmm... fast and easy... just like it like 'em...

'em being my lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment