Pumpkin Chilli! Believe it, what a fantastic base for all stews and their relatives... I was impressed and will be stocking up on canned pumpkin year-round. Boy, was this GOOD.
The basic recipe can be altered depending on what you have in the fridge or freezer. I had onions, Gardein Beefless Tips, frozen mixed carrots/broc/cauliflower... nothing crazy. But, together, success.
A great addition to most chillies is liquid smoke ;-) Is that how you pluralize chilli? Hm...
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 package gardein beefless tips
1 medium onion, sliced roughly
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 can pumpkin
1/2 cup or so of water or milk (I used milk)
1 TBS cumin powder
1/2 TBS chilli powder
1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 tsp liquid smoke
salt to taste
1. Heat some oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and saute the onions and garlic about 3 minutes til they are starting to get translucent.
2. Add the canned pumpkin and spices. Mix well.
3. Add in the milk or water. Mix well again.
4. Add the secret ingredient!
5. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve over anything appropriate.